OUR 44 HOUR FULL MOON TRIP IS PERFECT FOR CATCHING DELICIOUS MANGROVE SNAPPER!
- We HIGHLY recommend that you reserve your tickets in advance.
- Plan to arrive 90 – 120 minutes in advance for check-in and boarding.
- This trip depart from the dock at John’s Pass in Madeira Beach FL.
(click here for directions)
Cancellation Policy: 1 weeks notice or more required.
No Call / No Shows – 100% of trip fare.
Cancellations within 1 week – 50% of trip fare.
For all your tackle needs, visit our online store. All orders can be set for pick up on the day of your trip, or shipping available on select products.
You want to bring (3-4 rods):
For smaller snapper like mangrove snapper, vermillion, yellowtail and porgies, you want a 4ot reel with a super high gear ratio. You want 40lb mainline with a 4oz led and a 40lb fluorocarbon leader with double snelled 3-5ot hooks. Baits: small chunks if squid for grey snapper, vermillion, porgies… For mangroves or red snapper use cut sardines
For average sized grouper and large snapper: you want 6ot reel with a medium gear ratio with 60lb mainline a 6oz led and a 60-80lb leader with a single 6-8ot hook!
For the monster fish like big amberjack or monster grouper: you want a 9ot reel with a super low gear ratio, 80-100lb mainline and a 8-10oz led with 100-125lb test and a 10-14ot circle hook
Trolling gear if you have it, for info see the FAQ’s page
This is a long range advanced angler trip. You will want to bring two to three changes of clothes for the trip. You want to pack like you’re going camping so bring a sleeping bag, pillow and maybe a sheet to sleep with on your assigned bunk. We do have a shower on board and many like to take a shower after fishing before going to sleep on the way home so make sure you have stuff to shower with like soap, towel and toothbrush and toothpaste. We do recommend some shower sandals too.
If you got one bring a small 6-12 pack cooler and a big thing of salt to brine your dead bait on the way offshore. If you’re not renting a rod make sure to bring your own tackle for the trip as well. Also, Closed toe shoes, we recommend fishing boots as the best footwear (anything else at your own risk).
We would recommend bringing a venting tool as well as a dehooker or hook remover tool. We do have said items for sale inside of the store if you do not have / forgot one.
Cash if you want to buy food or drink from galley if you don’t have meal plan and to join the jackpot for largest fish. Finally, make sure to check FAQs page below for helpful info on what NOT to bring.
44 hr. Full Moon Trip Meal Package:
$64.95 – includes lunch sandwich and then dinner on way out, midnight snack, breakfast, lunch, big dinner 2nd day + 4 chips, 4 candy or granola bars, 8 sodas & unlimited free water + coffee, also happy hr beer pricing is included as well
Times for meals: Lite dinner at 5pm, lite sandwich at 12am, breakfast at 6am, and dinner at 6pm
Cut bait (sardines & squid ) provided on board.
Live Pinfish may be purchased with 48 hours in advance from your trip. 3-4 dz recommended.
Private live bait wells included free in your ticket price and they are able to hold up to 4 dozen live bait.
Live Shrimp: May be purchased the day of your trip for $4 per dozen. Works well for mangroves, yellowtail, scamp and hogfish. Recommended 2-6 dozen for the most advanced anglers only because shrimp is easily stolen off your hooks.
Before you go fishing deeper than 70-90 foot of water you MUST know how to properly vent a fish you release!
Here’s a great place to learn proper do’s and don’ts of venting a fish: https://www.saltstrong.com/articles/how-to-vent-fish/
- Glass – unsafe on boats
- Alcohol -Due to Florida law they will not allow alcohol on board boats with alcohol licenses ( Florida Fisherman, Friendly Fisherman, Sea Adventure 1) because our license lets us sell it and the tax man wants his cut. However, on our private charter boats like the HUB, Mrs. HUB and Flying HUB 2 DO NOT have alcohol licenses, you can bring beer or wine (no liquor and no glass) on these boats. (12 hour EXTREME aboard Flying HUB 2 – you CAN BRING YOUR OWN BEER)
- Firearms – no matter your permit you can’t bring firearms due to USCG law (just like on a plane)
- Illegal drugs – if it’s illegal on the dock leave it on the dock, or else we will have to call the USCG and have cops waiting on dock… please don’t put us in this position
- NO Bananas– They are bad luck on a fishing boat
- On Our 10, 12, 39, and 44 hour trips, we DO NOT allow ELECTRONICS – excludes basic digital camera(s) BUT IT DOES INCLUDE: cell phones, computers, ipad, kindles, ipods, or anything else that receives GPS signals – phones don’t send or receive texts or make calls once you’re offshore.
- No coolers larger than 48 quarts.
- NO PERSONAL LIVEWELLS – you are more than welcome to bring your own bait and load it into the livewells onboard our boat.
We do not have a Reel Spooling Machine here at Hubbard’s Marina, but they do have one at Gator Jim’s Tackle Shop! Stop by today and let em know Hubbard’s Sent you!